Sunday, May 31, 2009

Grady takes Washington (and us) by storm!!



We were so happy that it worked out as it did. Eli and Brittany wanted to go to Hawaii. (who wouldn't?) Knowing, as I did, that you cannot fly from SLC to Hawaii direct, I asked, quite nicely, if they would fly thru Seattle and we would meet them when they flew in and take Grady for them (or was it really for us?--you decide) for a week. What a week we had. He was a joy to have. We find that when we have the little ones around we all smile all day long and look forward to getting together all the more to be amused, entertained and smiled at. He didn't disappoint. We got to read all the favorite old books (Spooky Old Tree, Little Critter) that Tait won't let us read to him anymore. :( We got to be greeted every morning and after every nap with excitement and a smile! We missed him even before we had to give him back.
Advice: Don't kill your kids before you get your reward :) they are the means of getting that reward. Being Grandparents is the greatest reward. WE LOVE THESE LITTLE CRITTERS and can't WAIT for MORE!! to come our way. (Take that as no small hint)




A boy and a dog. A bit tentative at first, but they grew on each other.



Always a smile.



Always a smile and a ball! Yes, he is hamming it up for the camera here.



The Takedown----I love how he is all in!
Might there be a future in wrestling? For Grady, I mean, Avery wasn't so thrilled.



Learning the skills.



Outdoor time with Avery.



The Classic Pose.
Basketball is his #1 passion right now.

We love you Grady and miss you.
See you soon.
Amma, Papa, Tait and Emily

4 comments:

Natasha Holmquist said...

The pictures turned out so good! You said you wanted more critters? I'll have a puppy sent to you in the mail this week.

Shirley said...

What great pictures!!! I just love that there are blogs now. He's is just darling and we're sorry we didn't get to see him while he was here.
Love, Mum (GG)

Allison said...

I love those pictures. My favorites have got to be the wrestling match ones. I am so glad you had so much fun!

Brittany Slesk said...

Jamie, I love these pictures! Thank you so much for watching the monster. I think once he got home he was thinking, oh man, I have to hang out with boring mom and dad again! You guys are the best, thank you again. We love you!